(i really need to replace my dead Canon A80 soon, the Nokia N73 just ain’t cutting it)
- 2 tbsps canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 kg minced beef
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed Carr’s Table Water Crackers
- 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato puree/sauce
- 3 tsps tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 12 tsps ketchup
tools: regular 12-muffins tin, cooking spray
- heat oil in pan, add onions + garlic. add carrots + mushrooms and sauté. stir in oregano. set aside, cool.
- preheat oven to 180°C.
- in a large bowl, mix onion mixture, crackers, Worcestershire, tomato puree, tomato paste, black pepper, salt, sugar and minced beef. add eggs and mix well.
- drop mixture into muffin tin, glaze the top with ketchup.
- bake for 30 mins, remove and leave meatloaves in the tin for 5 minutes before serving.
adapted from here.
mini bolognese meatloaves + baked potato wedges + peas, and a good slice of pandan chiffon cake to wash it all down with. this is what i call A Good Day.